10 Chenille Sweaters You Need This Winter To Rock The 90s Trend
WEARING: What's Mode Chenille Sweater // LOFT Button Denim (available in Petite, Regular & Tall) // ASOS Faux Suede Heels (also available in red patent, red suede, beige, white, and gray suede) // Neely & Chloe bag // GAP oversized gray coat (SOLD OUT; similar HERE) //Forever 21 Chain Earrings & Bracelets (also HERE)// H&M Metallic Hair Band (SOLD OUT); similar HERE and HERE //
Merry Christmas ! This is my first post after Christmas and I hope you all enjoyed the company of your family and loved ones this season :-)
We did not get a white Christmas in my area. In fact we enjoyed a warm sunny day :-). Forward two days later and we have cold winds that make you want to stay in, cozied up in fluffy sweaters, and a fine bowl of pho. (Who's a pho addict like me ??). Naturally, in today's post, I want to talk about chenille sweaters, so that you can be cozy and still rock that 90's trend that is back this season !
I'll keep it short, I promise, simply because, chenille has only a few straightforward 'rules', in my opinion, that you want to follow in order to nail that comfy chic look.
- Pick darker colors. I personally love the rich browns and camels as those colors are amplified by the sheen of the chenille. But dark blue and deep green look awesome too.
- Pick an oversized sweater or size up. That will ensure that you can wear that sweater with any of your skinny jeans (by semi-tucking it a little) or simply wear it over your mini skirts or shorts and cinched with a wide belt.
And that's pretty much it today in terms of chenille sweaters wisdom. Let me know if I missed anything or if you know of another easy and chic way to style these sweaters.
Below I am also adding 10 options for my favorite chenille sweaters for all budgets and in PETITE and REGULAR sizes.
- Express gold metallic sweater
- Express dark green sweater (also available in neutral, orange and blue)
- ASOS apricot sweater
- ASOS black sweater (under $30)
- LOFT black sweater (currently 60% off and under $20; also available in black & fig and in both in PETITE & REGULAR)
- LOFT black cardigan (under $40 with promo code provided on their website)
- FOREVER 21 navy sweater ( under $20; also available in citron & burgundy)
- ASOS burgundy sweater (undef $35; available in a PETITE fit only)
- ASOS emerald green sweater
- NORDSTROM RACK navy sweater (under $40; also available in tan)
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy How To Effortlessly Turn Leather Pants Into A Classic Essential and How To Style Monochrome And Neutrals In Fall.