How To Look Amazing For The Holidays in Casual Clothes
So, you know how you bought that dress for a friend's wedding and never wore it again? And there is also that sequin dress that you bought for last year's new Year's Eve ... still catching dust in your closet? In this blog post, I want to share with you a little styling secret that will help you look amazing for the holidays in casual clothes. I'll give you a few tips to help you pick casual versatile pieces that you can dress up for the holidays but also style after the holidays are over.
- Buy separates. Tops are more versatile and if picked strategically, will give you more styling options than pants or skirts.
- Pick pieces that you can style with items you already have in your closet. For example, one of the tops I am featuring in this blog is a grey embroidered top. Embroidery has been quite trendy last year and will continue to stay stay trendy throughout this year.
- A top with some embroidery can be dressed up with a black boyfriend blazer and denim. Or you do a semi tuck with a short skirt & add your over-the-knee boots, like I did. My point is that you can get a lot of looks out of that embroidered top and those looks are perfectly suitable for everyday wear, not just special occasions. Mine is from @paulitacalotta - check her Instagram for other cute casual yet holiday-friendly options.
- A lace top can look very festive but you can also style it with a blazer, or simply pair it with some faux leather pants, like mine, and look very put together at the office. If you style it with some flare denim, you you'll get a very pretty and modern boho look suitable for a shopping day with your gals, casual lunch or errands, move date etc Or you can add some statement jewelry and be dinner or party ready. A lace top will give you a lot of styling options and is pretty much a staple that you'll keep wearing while always looking sharp.
SHOP MY PICKS:
- Embroidered top and lace top @paulitacarlotta (message her on her Instagram)
- Pearl necklace @paulitacarlotta (message her on her Instagram)
- Faux leather pants, HERE (under $40) and HERE
- Over-The-Knee boots, HERE , HERE and HERE (in ankle peep toe style & under $90)
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy two of the gift guides I created for winter 2017 for HIM and HER: Top Eight Gifts That Your Man Will Actually Enjoy and Use, The Best Skin And Hair Care Ideas For Her | Winter 2017.
LOVED THIS POST?? PLEASE SHARE IT.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN SO THAT YOU NEVER MISS MY POSTS!