My Top 6 Trench Coats for Spring
Haven’t found your perfect trench coat? Read on to see my top 6 picks for trench coats and to learn how to style them in sync with the latest trends for this Spring season.
We have been blessed with warmer weather this past February and I find it painful to put back thicker layers in the month March but alas, tomorrow, we are to expecting a snow storm! I do hope that the weather is more friendly in your area :-). Which brings me to a very important point: transitional clothing for this moody Spring.
One such key transitional piece is the ever-classic trench coat: always elegant and feminine yet with a strong and mysterious flair. Find the right one and you are set both for Spring and Fall.
So, in today’s post, I will be featuring a neutral look layered with a utility trench coat dress that I am wearing in lieu of a trench coat. When I purchased this utility dress from Zara, I knew I struck gold as I would be able to wear it all year around, which I did: in Winter, I wore it layered with slip dresses and this Spring in the upcoming Fall I will be wearing it as a trench coat, while in Summer I can simply wear it alone in cooler evenings or while travelling.
STYLE TIPS: So here are my two style tips on how to get your trench coat game strong this season:
- This season is all about urban chic and utility elements. So, pick a trench coat with lots of pockets and in an olive or khaki tone. You’ll be on trend and acquire a very useful and versatile staple in your closet.
- Roll your sleeves up or pick one with sleeves that hit at the level of your elbow or even shorter. Mine already has short sleeves, so, I did not need to roll them but if you prefer a classic sleeve, rolling the sleeves up is a perfect trick to get your trench coat trend-certified this season. Also, if it is colder in your area, like it is now in mine add an oversized knit scarf and you are all set.
I am also listing below 6 of my top favorite trench coats for this Spring. Finally, if you’d like to learn more about this season’s trendy pieces, read here and here about pleated skirts and contrast styling.
HERE ARE MY TOP 6 TRENCH COATS FOR SPRING:
MY TOP 6 TRENCH COATS FOR SPRING:
- ELLEN TRACY pink multi pocket trench coat
- BROOKS BROTHERS trench coat
- MARKS & SPENCER utility trench coat
- W CONCEPT navy trench coat
- FRENCH CONNECTION khaki trench coat
- VIOLETA by MANGO olive trench coat
Thank you so much for reading. If you liked this post, please SHARE it. Also, feel free to email me your resulting looks or questions. I would love to see what you came up with.
I promise I read every comment and respond to every email :-)