How to Wear Stripes-on-Stripes This Spring
Ever wondered how to wear stripes this season? Read on for some quick easy-to-follow tips on now to nail this trend flawlessly.
Stripes are not a new trend. They keep recurring almost every year and you can see them bold in 2013 and then again in 2016, and this year, we have the stripes- on-stripes trend. I particularly like Ports 1961’s approach to stripes. In fact, you can see some of the most popular trends in that 34 piece collection, including a unique take on florals. So, how to wear stripes this season?
- Pair stripes on stripes
- You can try different size stripes on the top and pants. For example: try vertical stripes on the top and horizontal ones on the bottoms. Or … try them in patches or different colors, like Ports 1961 did in its first look (see hyperlinked collection HERE)
- Try analogous colors (same color family), like pink and red. This particular color combination is very popular now. See a perfect example HERE
- Or, they them in contrasting colors, such as red and blue. You can play a bit with the color palette and go for a darker red and a light blue, for extra drama. Another perfect example illustrated
MY TOP 5 STRIPED TOPS
MY TOP 5 STRIPED SKIRTS
- ASPESI gathered green striped skirt
- ISABEL MARANT pink striped skirt
- OFF-WHITE ruffled striped skirt
- LISA MARIE FERNANDEZ skirt
- ADAM SELMAN skirt
MY TOP 5 STRIPED PANTS
- MONKI wide leg striped pants
- ASOS contrast stripe pants
- BANANA REPUBLIC pink & red stripes pants
- CLOSED wide leg pants
- ISABEL MARANT high waist pant
Thank you so much for stopping by. Comment below to let me know if you would like me address a particular topic and subscribe to my newsletter to be automatically entered into my weekly giveaways (I run one every Friday and all subscribers, existing and new ) are eligible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS!