How to Wear a Leather Skirt for Work
With leather skirts being so trendy this season, perhaps you wondered how you can wear a leather skirt at work and still look stylish and professional. In today’s post, I am going to show you just that.
So, here is the thing: leather skirts have made a come back and they come in a garden variety: high waisted, studded, embroidered or laced-up… That’s all great as they look really cool for going out but how do you wear one at work and still look chic and professional?
There are several ways you can achieve that and I am providing below a few easy style tips.
- Wear one in a light neutral color, like white, grey or beige. These light colors project an idea of innocence and calmness, which will remove the “dominatrix” vibes that are often associated with wearing leather skirts.
- Keep it simple. Pick one that has a simple design and without any embellishments. Leave the studs, laces and embroidery for after work :-)
- You can go with a traditional pencil cut or you can try an unconventional design for a leather skirt, such as pleats, like I did in this post.
- Pair it with stylish blouses or knits. A high quality knit or blouse will add luxe to this look. The more luxurious the entire look, the more stylish it will be.
- Try some nude or white shoes. More neutral elements mean more polish, which is exactly what you need and want when you are trying to incorporate an item of clothing into an activity that is not traditionally associated with it, such as the leather skirt.
HERE ARE ALSO MY TOP 5 PICKS FOR LEATHER SKIRTS TO WEAR AT WORK:
- VINCE suede leather skirt
- ACNE STUDIOS leather skirt
- MM6 leather skirt
- PINKO BLACK leather skirt
- ASOS leather skirt (under $50)
Thank you so much for stopping by. Comment below if you liked this post or want me to post more about work wear
SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS!