How to Style Maxi Skirts for Petites in 2017
WANT A FREE DANIEL WELLINGTON WATCH?
Subscribe below to be entered into my Weekly Give-away!
Not sure if a maxi skirt is right for you because you are petite? Read on for a quick style tip on how to rock a tiered maxi skirt this year.
A few months ago I wrote a blog post about four types of skirts that petites can wear, including the maxi skirts ( you can read it HERE). So, in today’s post, I will address a specifically type of maxi skirt, specifically the tiered one.
Love tiered maxi skirts because they create texture and interesting fabric folds. I particularly like the A-line maxi skirts with tiers but if you are following the trends you probably saw some tiers in the floral boho midi dresses from this seasons as well. The important question is whether you can wear a maxi tiered skirt if you are petite. The answer is yes but you’ll have to find a good fit for your proportions or aim for one that is tighter in the hip area and wider at the bottom to create that beautiful A-line shape that is so elongating and flattering. As usual, below see some style tips on getting the right fit.
- Pick a tighter top/blouse to style with your maxi skirt. Remember the volume control rule that I repeatedly mentioned throughout my previous posts, spherically: style volume in one area and balance it with a tighter option in the others areas.
- Picklarger tiers that start just slightly below your hip area to avoid adding bulk there and create a wider hip. You are looking to create an A shapeto elongate the frame.
- Make sure that the bottom part is not too full . Again, the shape is A line, so while the bottom part should be fuller, beware for too much fullness as that will have a shortening effect.
- Personally I don’t believe that larger prints will make one look more voluminous, so, the print, is more a matter of taste and preference to me. I do like a single color skirt with a few tiers or a drawstring at the bottom part, like mine (as I find it to be more unique) but you can opt for a floral one tooas they are hugely on trend now. A monochromatic look is always cleaner but that again is a matter of personal taste. Below, I am listing a few of my favorites to hopefully address various tastes.
MY 5 TOP MAXI A-LINE TIERED SKIRTS:
- BOOHOO floral tiered skirt (under $50)
- CYNTHIA ROWLEY tiered maxi skirt
- ASOS ruffled hem maxi skirt (under $40)
- LAUREN CONRAD maxi monochrome tiered skirt (under $50)
- TORY BURCH tiered pleated maxi skirt
If you liked this post, you may enjoy these as well:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Comment below if you liked it or let me know what else you would like me to talk about in my next posts. Also, SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter to be automatically entered into my weekly Friday giveaways (I run one every Friday and all subscribers, existing and new, are eligible.)
LIKE IT? SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS!