Tie-Back Tops for Summer| Metal Accents | From Work to Play
Have you noticed the tie-back tops this Summer? It is a micro trend that is picking up traction and I am quite enjoying the direction this trend is taking.
It started with tops that tie in the back with simple thin threads and evolved to single and triple bows, more or less elaborate. But now I see all kinds of variations with tops having the fabric belts wide and allowing to tie them both in the back or front. I like both versions: the first one is more sensual (allowing for a little peek of your back :-)) and the second one is more retrained and it kind of allows for a more defined waist ( catering to the corset belt trend a bit) bit allows for grater versatility since you can wear it from office to play, brunches and shopping.
So, today, I’ll share with you a look I put together with a top that ties in the back accentuating my waist but I will also give you several options, as usual under my top 5 tie-back and tie-front list below my usual style tips.
- If you are buying a top that allows for a little peek of you back, go for summery colors such as white, blue or pink ( which is so in right now!). I like the ones with a top bow or the ones with a triple bow (see my options below). This will go great with all your jeans this summer and would create that effortless carefree look.
- If you are looking for a top to accentuate your waist, go for one that has long and wide ties like the top I am featuring. That way you can tie in the back and achieve that “coreset look” or tie it the front and have a more classic peplum style look.
MY 5 TOP TIE-FRONT & TIE-BACK TOPS:
- LACAUSA double string satin tie-back top (under $50)
- ASOS triple bow denim top (under $50)
- BOOHOO gingham tie back top (under $50)
- LOVETREE self-tie peplum top (under $20; the one I am featuring)
- 7TH AVENUE peplum gingham shirt (under $30)
If you liked this post, you may enjoy these as well:
- HOW TO PICK A WHITE BAG THAT GOES WITH EVERYTHING
- STATEMENT ACCESSORIES FOR SUMMER| FLORAL TREND |TED BAKER
- NEW TAKE ON FLORAL DRESSES: BLUE FLORALS WITH LEATHER AND GROMMETS
Thank you so much for stopping by. Comment below if you liked it or let me know what else you would like me to talk about in my next posts.
Happy Friday :)