From Office To Dinner: A Chic Valentine's Day Outfit That You'll Wear Again
It is no secret that when it comes to holidays, anniversaries, or social occasions, we women, tend to overcomplicate things.... And yes, that goes with outfits too. Today, I will show you a quick way to style an outfit that you can easily take from office to dinner for a Valentine's or date night, and which you can wear times and times again. That way, you will never have to to go out shopping for an entire outfit the day before (duh!) because you have nothing to wear (really??!) when your closet is full to the brim.
If you have been following my blog and Instagram closely, you already know that I am not the queen of fuss. I like quick and easy solutions and I am the adept of the minimum effort - maximum result principle, be it in business or fashion. So, let's get going with those style tips for the a Valentine or date night outfit that you can re-wear for years to come.
- Pair a black pair of classic skinny denim with a white t-shirt. You should already have these items in your closet, and if you don't, you should consider investing in these items as they really save the day for any occasion. And I mean, really. I like to go with a boyfriend t-shirt and typically size it up one size for a looser fit that creates the illusion of a longer frame (needed in my case since I am petite) and is so forgiving too if you are not in the best shape of your life at this time. I also like to go with a clean pair of denim; that means no rips and these always come in handy as you can very well use this simple attire as a Friday office outfit that you can further dress up. Just stick with me.
- Another variation on the theme is to swap you black denim for a skinny coated pair like mine. I've linked this exact pair down below in the SHOP MY PICKS section, following this one, and you can also swap your t-shit with a silk cami that will also become a timeless piece in your closet. Or, if you are partial to a more sultry look, you can go for a lace top with perhaps a high neck. I'd pick one in black and I'll feature a spin on this look next week.
- Once you've picked one of the above options, throw a boyfriend blazer on (I've linked several options for you in black, white and even red if you want to get more adventurous!). I always have a black one in my closet as it is a very quick way to dress up my denim and it looks super sharp.
- Now it is time to accessorize, so add a statement necklace. I like the chunky curb chain necklaces as they are very simple yet add so much elegance. And since I happened to have a bag with a matching chain element, I added that bag , but you don't necessarily need to do that. If you want to emulate my style, Stella McCartney has a lot of bags with chain details (ranging from $300 - $900) but you can always get a deal on Yoox, Outnet, and Farfetch and I linked some options in silver and black for you below. I also linked the budget versions from Nordstrom as well :-)
- Finally, the shoes. These are technically also accessories but the paragraph was getting too long, so, for purposes of organization and clarity, and glamour, shoes deserve their paragraph, don't you think? :-) I picked the black pointy toe ones, but you can also go for a pair of silver boots or change into them if you are going from office to dinner.
SHOP MY PICKS:
- Skinny Black denim: HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE
- Coated skinny black denim: HERE (the one I am wearing), HERE, HERE , HERE, and HERE
- White boyfriend t-shirt: HERE, HERE and HERE (in graphic print)
- White silk cami: HERE, HERE and HERE
- Lace high neck top: HERE (under $20), HERE and HERE (in white)
- Boyfriend blazer: HERE, HERE, HERE (in white) and HERE (in red)
- Curb chain choker: HERE, HERE and HERE
- Chain trimmed bag: HERE and HERE (designer options under $405), and HERE (budget option, under $50 & available both in black & silver)
- Shoes: HERE, HERE and HERE
- Silver boots: HERE (under $25), HERE (under $30 & with kitten heel) and HERE
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed my post and if you did, you may find the following posts enjoyable too: The Trendiest Boots And Bags That You Should Invest In This Year Are Also Timeless And Practical, 6 Cool And Fun Ways You Can Style Plaids In An Innovative And Unexpected Way, and 10 Chenille Sweaters You Need This Winter To Rock The 90s Trend.
LOVED THIS POST?? PLEASE SHARE IT.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN SO THAT YOU NEVER MISS MY POSTS!